Human Resources Functional Excellence
- Comprehensive evaluation of functional system for hiring, selecting, developing, rewarding and promoting Human Resource associates and leaders.
- (Optional) Assessment of current HR talent vs. future business requirements.
- (Optional) Formal coaching/ mentoring and career development planning for identified HR High Potentials.
- Partnering with client’s senior HR Leadership Team to establish design criteria, short and longer-term objectives for the HR function (strategic; operational and financial).
- Actionable set of integrated recommendations for strengthening functional performance, contribution to the business and talent management practices for HR associates at all levels.
- Significant opportunity to enhance both internal credibility and reputation in the market for HR talent.
High Impact Assignments
Enabling Functional Transformation
- Evaluate and recommend mission, operating principles, structure, global processes and staffing levels of all company-wide HR centers of specialized expertise (e.g., Talent Management/ Staffing; Total Rewards & Recognition).
- Creation of “Global Solution Centers” in the context of a broader HR strategy and restructuring.
- More effective HR leadership and career paths in critical areas of expertise, highly interactive with WW businesses, geographies and other functions.
Shaping Future HR Vision & Strategies
- Facilitate the work of Chairman’s Task Force on future HR strategies for one of the world’s leading professional service firms.
Task Force recommendations led to significant changes in evaluation criteria at all levels including:
- Engagement management practices
- Policies for recruiting and retaining women and minorities.
Building a New HR Function
- Create and build Human Resources function for a new diversified holding company established by parent organization.
- Restructured compensation, employee benefits and payroll systems in line with competitive realities of new entity.
- Reduced total cost in all areas while achieving highest organization effectiveness ratings of any unit in the enterprise.
Creating an Innovation Strategy
- Devise a phased, three-year Innovation Strategy for a global Human Resources function.
- Core programs, processes and practices aligned with company business strategy
- Strengthened culture of growth and innovation.
- New opportunities for HR associates to directly contribute.
Redesigning HR Planning Process for Business Impact
- Upgrade Human Resources Planning exercise (company-wide and unit specific) to deliver tangible results for the business. Instill rigor and discipline based on competency assessments.
Measurable improvement in:
- “Fit” for incumbents in “growth roles,” bench strength, leadership program completion, professional certifications, diversity candidates hired
- Increased speed and confidence in selection, promotion and separation decisions